Frequently asked questions and answers about the Super Treasure Hunt game and website.
Super Treasure Hunt Game
- A toolbox, or some other treasure chest, which you will lock with the combination lock.
- The combination lock, which you entered the 3 digit combination on the website, when the game was created.
- Ten paper lunch bags, which will become the ten 'lockboxes' (or you can use small gift boxes, tupperware, or envelopes).
- Ten envelopes, which you will hide in the ten secret locations around your house (these are not required, or could also be paper lunch bags, or small boxes).
- A decent pair of scissors and/or a paper cutter.
- Tape, preferably transparent tape like used to wrap a gift.
- It is very nice to have a friend helping.
I originally invented the game for my son, Grayson's 8th birthday party. It was created without the help of any computer program, other than a word processor. Each individual clue or hieroglyph was cut out, and carefully sorted for placement in the correct secret location or lockbox. It took a long time, and I finished as guests were arriving. I stealthily hid the clues, without anyone seeing.
It was a big success, and the game was requested the following year. This time I wrote a some computer code to assist in creating the game. At that party, my father suggested I build it into a website, for everyone to enjoy. A few years later, when my first daughter, McKenna was six months old, I worked many late nights until it was accomplished.
That original website is history now. Our website development firm, TKWeb, was born soon after that site. The ability to create more beautiful websites followed. Welcome to the new SuperTreasureHunt.com, one of my proudest achievements.